When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you. -Isaiah 43:2

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Current Status Report

I just got some great results back from my P.E.T. scan.  The cancer has not spread to any part of my body & it has not gone into my lymph nodes. This is really unusual because I have a very large mass that is stage 3, fast growing, and aggressive cancer. So, praise God for that! My treatment plan is also unusual. They normally do an immediate mastectomy in a case like mine, followed by chemotherapy and radiation. For me they're doing chemotherapy first to reduce the size, then surgery, and then radiation. I pray that I only have to get a lumpectomy or nothing! That would be so much better! The doctors have said that's not an option, but we'll see...God is good, God is big, and God is amazing at doing the “unusual”!

No comments:

Post a Comment